David~ David?? David!!!

Monday, October 08, 2007

Reading Reaction Journal #3

Reference

Sharpe, S. (2007). Health benefits of aquarium fish. The New York Times Company. Retrieved september 17, 2007, from http://freshaquarium.about.com/od/termsandtables/a/Aquariumhealth.htm


Summary

The article is about benefits of aquarium fish. It gives advantages to people who have stressful lives, high blood pressure and insomnia for therapy. Some research said looking at the aquarium fish is good for relieving stress and for high blood pressure. Researchers got results by comparing the effects of aquariums with many other things, and aquarium effects reduced blood pressure. Also watching a video tape or DVD about an aquarium will cure symptoms effectively. Seniors who have an aquarium filled with fish get a less blood pressure, and it is good to calm down children who have a hyperactivity disorder. In other studies, if people who have Alzheimer's get an aquarium, they eat more and just need a little supply.


Reaction

In Korea, I had an aquarium from when I was young. My grandfather was a surgeon; his hospital's waiting had a large aquarium such as a 130 gallon aquarium with plentiful plants and small fishes, and he also had a big pond in the garden. I think that's why I like fish, because I saw that every day and annually. I really like aquatic amimals more than many other amimals in the world. I also have a big fish tank in my Carbondale home, such as a 75 gallon aquarium. It is so nice to me to relieve my stress, and also when I watch fish in my tank, my eyes and my feeling are comfortable. I really want to recommend it to my friends or some other people such as American friends or other international friends.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home